GENERAL MANAGER, TUMBLE CIRCUS (Freelance, 15 hours a week)
Thank you for your interest in the General Manager role with Tumble Circus.
Working closely with Senior Artists Tina Segner and Ken Fanning this is an opportunity to play an important role in guiding and developing the company as we build on our successes, follow up on opportunities and plan for the future.
We’re looking for someone with strong arts management experience. The ideal person for this role is someone who is equally comfortable working collaboratively and independently, managing projects, building and maintaining relationships, and winning new business.
- A related third level qualification with at least 3 years’ experience as outlined below; OR Qualified by experience with at least 5 years’ relevant experience as outlined below.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in arts management with a proven track record
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in planning and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven experience in writing successful funding applications and funder reports Desirable Criteria
- Experience of working with festivals nationally and internationally
- Experience of working with circus and street arts
- HOW TO APPLY Please read the information in this pack and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments in Word or PDF format only (we cannot accept links to online CVs, profiles, documents downloads or psd files etc):
- Your CV, no more than 2 A4 pages long, including your name, home address, email and contact number
- A cover letter, no more than 2 A4 pages long, outlining why you’re a great candidate for the General Manager role based on the criteria in the job description
- Please include the names, addresses, email, phone number and occupations of two people, not related to you, to whom references may be obtained. One of your referees must be your current or most recent employer.
The deadline for applications is 1pm on Thursday 16th June 2022. Interviews will take place in Belfast around 20th/21st June. We’d like to meet the shortlisted candidates in person but understand that some flexibility may be required. We reserve the right to enhance the criteria to aid short listing.
We welcome applications from a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. Please let us know if you have any access requirements that we can facilitate.
If you have any other questions, or would like an informal chat about the role, email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
ABOUT TUMBLE CIRCUS
Tumble Circus is a pioneering, professional company founded by Ken Fanning and Tina Segner in 1995. We create extraordinary, Belfast inspired circus for big tops, the streets, online and everywhere in between. It is our job to make families, communities and audiences gasp, laugh and be inspired to live well. We are a non-profit company limited by guarantee (NI059784).
We are Ireland’s first and only non-traditional big top touring circus and unchallenged innovators in outdoor performance. We combine circus skills with comedy, theatre and social commentary to make people laugh, react and act. Our work is high-skill and all human. With broad appeal, it is accessible to all, from the young to the not so young.
We have an extensive track record, with a national and international reputation for creating groundbreaking, award winning work. Recent shows include Cycle Circus, which toured to 62 locations across Ireland in Summer 2021, and the fifth season of Winter Circus, which brought joy and laughter to people of all ages at the end of a hard year.
We tour extensively and have built strong relationships with partner organisations in Ireland and the UK, Europe, New Zealand and Australia. In addition to making and performing shows, we teach, train and devise work with youth circuses, community groups and professional circus artists.